Actinic Keratosis Treatment Market Size, Share, Growth, Global Trends, Industry Analysis and Forecast to 2027Price: 3200/- USD | Published Date: October 7, 2020 |
The global actinic keratosis market size was estimated at over USD 6.5 billion and projected to grow at the CAGR of 4.2% market during 2020-2027 and now it has been expected to reach up to around USD 10 billion in terms of revenue by 2025. Actinic keratosis is also known as solar keratosis are keratotic papules, plaques, and macules arising from the intraepidermal proliferation of keratinocytes due to exposure to UV radiation. Progression of squamous cell carcinoma from AK is a rare occurrence. Actinic keratosis is still a concern as most of the cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma results from the pre-existing AKs. The physicians usually recommend regular treatment regimens such as destructive treatment, photodynamic therapy, and topical medication.
The key factor responsible for the development of actinic keratosis is advancing age with a high occurrence rate in men as against women. In the base year 2016, destructive treatment, especially cryosurgery of the treatment segment held the largest market share, because of its efficiency and cost-effectiveness. Topical medication is very effective as a prolonged treatment regimen but lack of patient compliance hinders the growth of this segment. Photodynamic therapy consisting of 5-aminolevulinic acid (ALA), methyl aminolevulinate (MAL), will register faster growth due to the growing demand for non-invasive treatment and respective aesthetic appeal. The actinic keratosis market is currently dominated by North America due to the increasing prevalence of actinic keratosis cases, favorable reimbursement scenarios and developed healthcare infrastructure. The Asia Pacific will be the fastest-growing market due to growing public awareness and rapid development in the healthcare infrastructure.
Market Segment Insights:
The global actinic keratosis market is segmented by treatment such as destructive treatment (liquid nitrogen cryotherapy, surgical therapy), photodynamic therapy (5-aminolevulinic acid, methyl aminolevulinate), topical medications (5-fluorouracil, imiquimod, ingenolmebutate, diclofenac sodium) and chemical peel and others. Destructive treatments, especially cryotherapy, which is considered as the gold standard for actinic keratosis treatment holds the largest segment in the global actinic keratosis treatment market on account of its proven efficiency and cost-effectiveness. Topical medication, though effective results in prolonged treatment but lack of patient compliance holds back the progress of this segment. Photodynamic therapy is the fastest-growing segment throughout the forecast period due to the growing demand for non-invasive treatment and its aesthetic appeal.
Global Actinic Keratosis Market Segmentation:
By Treatment, 2018–2027 ($ Millon)
- Destructive Treatment
- Liquid Nitrogen Cryotherapy
- Surgical Therapy
- Photodynamic Therapy
- 5-Aminolevulinic Acid (ALA)
- Methyl Aminolevulinate (MAL)
- Topical medications
- 5- Fluorouracil
- Diclofenac Sodium
- Chemical Peel and Others
By Geography, 2018-2027 ($ Millon)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America (LATAM)
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
For the purpose of this study, the global antioxidants market is regionally categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa markets. These regional markets are further sub-segmented into top country-level markets that majorly determine the regional industry trends. Among the considered regional markets, North America currently dominates the global antioxidants market, with United States being the largest country-level market. The drivers for the North America market are the increasing prevalence of actinic keratosis and favorable reimbursement scenarios. On the other hand, Asia Pacific is anticipated to be the fastest-growing market for actinic keratosis due to growing public awareness and rapid development in the healthcare infrastructure.
Market Competition Assessment:
Key players in the global actinic keratosis market are: Aqua Pharmaceuticals LLC, Tolmar Pharmaceuticals, Inc., LEO Laboratories, DUSA Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc., Galderma SA, Apotex, Perrigo Company plc, and others.
List of Key Companies:
- Apotex, Inc. LLC.
- Aqua Pharmaceuticals, LLC
- DUSA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Sun Pharma)
- Galderma S.A.
- LEO Laboratories Ltd.
- Perrigo Company plc,
- Tolmar Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
Key Questions Answered by Actinic Keratosis Treatment Market Report
- Global actinic keratosis treatment market forecasts from 2020-2027
- Regional actinic keratosis treatment market forecasts from 2020-2027 covering Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America
- Country level forecasts from 2020-2027 covering 15 major countries from aforementioned regions
- Actinic Keratosis Treatment submarket forecasts from 2020-2027 covering the market by treatment, and geography
- Various industry models such as SWOT analysis, Pestle Analysis, Porter’s Five Force model, Value Chain Analysis pertaining to the actinic keratosis treatment market
- Analysis of the key factors driving and restraining the growth of the global, regional and country level actinic keratosis treatment markets from 2020-2027
- Competitive Landscape and market positioning of top 10 players operating in the actinic keratosis treatment market
Request a free PDF report sample @ https://www.researchcorridor.com/request-sample/?id=7843
Table of Content:
Chapter 1 Preface
1.1 Report Description
1.1.1 Purpose of the Report
1.1.2 Target Audience
1.1.3 USP and Key Offerings
1.2 Research Scope
1.3 Research Methodology
1.3.1 Phase I – Secondary Research
1.3.2 Phase II – Primary Research
1.3.3 Phase III – Expert Panel Review
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1 Global Actinic Keratosis Market Portraiture
2.2 Global Actinic Keratosis Market, by Treatment, 2019 ($ Million)
2.3 Global Actinic Keratosis Market, by Geography, 2019 ($ Million)
Chapter 3 Market Overview
3.1 Introduction and Market Definition
3.2 Market Inclination Insights
3.3 Market Dynamics
18.104.22.168 High Prevalence of Actinic Keratosis and Subsequent Risk of Developing Malignancies
22.214.171.124 Non-adherence to Treatments
3.3.3 Market Opportunities
126.96.36.199 Lucrative future for Light-based Treatments
3.4 Attractive Investment Proposition
3.5 Market Competition Assessment by Key Players: Global Actinic Keratosis Market
Chapter 4 Global Actinic Keratosis Market, by Treatment 2018-2027 ($ Million)
4.2 Destructive Treatment
4.2.1 Liquid Nitrogen Cryotherapy
4.2.2 Surgical Therapy
4.3 Photodynamic Therapy
4.3.1 5-aminolevulinic acid (ALA)
4.3.2 Methyl Aminolevulinate (MAL)
4.4 Topical Medications
4.4.1 5-fluorouracil [5-FU]
4.4.3 Ingenol Mebutate
4.4.4 Diclofenac Sodium
4.5 Chemical Peels and Dermabrasion
Chapter 5 Global Actinic Keratosis Market, by Geography 2018-2027 ($ Million)
5.2 North America
5.3.3. Rest of Europe
5.4 Asia Pacific
5.4.3. Rest of Asia Pacific
5.5 Latin America
5.6 Middle East and Africa
Chapter 6 Company Profiles
6.1 Apotex, Inc. LLC.
6.2 Aqua Pharmaceuticals, LLC
6.3 DUSA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Sun Pharma)
6.4 Galderma S.A.
6.5 LEO Laboratories Ltd.
6.6 Perrigo Company plc,
6.7 Tolmar Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
6.8 Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
$4800/- Multi User License $6400/- Corporate License
- Markets in over 150 countries analyzed granularly
- 35% of our total client base has an annual subscription membership
- 100,000+ data points in our comprehensive database
- 24x5 availability - we are always there when you need us
- Our expert team will assist you with all research need and customization
- Our expert research analysts will resolve your every query before and after purchasing the report
- We focus on the accuracy and quality of the report
- Our analyst will provide deep insights into the report
Contact Person: Vijendra Singh